commissioner photo
Welcome to Kansas Insurance Department

Kansas Insurance Commissioner
Vicki Schmidt

  • Kansas Insurance Department
  • 1300 SW Arrowhead
  • Topeka, Kansas 66604
  • Consumer Hotline: 800-432-2484 (KS only)
  • Email Us | Phone: 785-296-3071

KS Securities seal
                  Office of the
     Kansas Securities Commissioner
A division of the Insurance Department

website award

Third Party Administrator (TPA) annual renewal for entities registered pursuant to K.S.A. 40-3810

Administrators registered pursuant to K.S.A. 40-3810 are those administrators whose only activity in Kansas is directly or indirectly underwriting, collecting charges or premiums from or adjusting or settling claims on residents of Kansas only in connection with life, annuity or health coverage provided by a self-funded plan other than a governmental or church. Such administrator shall re-register annually on or before December 31, verifying its status as described. A fee is not required for registration or re-registration.

Please submit the following document to Health and Life Division:

Third Party Administrator (TPA) biennial renewal for licensed resident and non-resident administrators

Administrators licensed pursuant to K.S.A. 40-3813 as a non-resident administrator must renew their certificate of licensure every two years to keep the certificate active. The renewal date for non-resident administrators is December 31 and may be renewed with the payment of a $200 fee and the Renewal of TPA License form. Administrators licensed pursuant to K.S.A. 40-3812 as a Kansas Home State administrator are not required to renew their certificate of licensure. However, the certificates for both Kansas Home State and non-resident administrators may be revoked or suspended by the Commissioner of Insurance for non-compliance with Kansas law.

Submit renewal payment here

Please submit the following document to Health and Life Division:

For non-resident administrators, please be advised that if your certificate is suspended, non-renewed, surrendered or revoked by your Home State, this department must be notified immediately.

If you have any questions regarding this online renewal process, please contact Chris Hollenbeck directly at 785-296-3878 or or Jordan Devlin at 785-296-7850 or