Excess and Surplus Lines
- Excess Lines Reporting and Taxes
- Kansas Excess Lines producers are required to signup for Producer Desktop and file reporting forms electronically. Excess Lines producers also are encouraged to pay taxes electronically. Follow the link above and get a password. After logging in and setting up your account, click the Excess Lines link to report policies and premiums, file your required statement, and pay taxes.
- 'Independently procured coverage’ means insurance procured directly by an insured from a nonadmitted insurer. K.S.A. 40-246c requires a tax of 6%, based on the total gross premiums charged, shall be paid to the commissioner by March 1 of each year.
Documents below are in PDF format unless otherwise indicated
- Excess License Application
- Statement & PRF Instructions
- Statement of Insured
- Listed Excess Lines Companies, Syndicates
- Coverage & Transaction Type Codes
- Self-Procured Reporting Form