Non-Resident Producer Licensing Application & Requirements
In order to qualify as a Kansas nonresident insurance producer, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Submit the NAIC Uniform Application for Individual Insurance Producer License Online via the National Insurance Producer Registry
- Provide evidence of FINRA registration if Variable Contracts authority is desired.
- A Certification Letter from the producer’s home state is not required. License status will be verified through PDB.
- Application forms and fees may be waived for an individual holding a valid resident or nonresident license in this state whose new license is required by a change of domicile. Contact the Kansas Insurance Department for details.
When the license has been issued:
- Secure company certification. Appointment is required by each company for which business is transacted.
Each nonresident producer may renew the license biennially. The biennial due date is the producer's birth date in each odd year for producers born in an odd-numbered year or each even year for producers born in an even-numbered year. For newly licensed producers, such date shall not be earlier than two years from the date of the producer's initial licensure.
Nonresident producers must send a $50 biennial license fee by the due date. A Certification Letter from the producer’s home state is not required. License status will be verified through PDB as proof of continuing education compliance (PDB Participating State Report at http://www.nipr.com/maps/pdb-participation-map.htm).