Resident Producer Licensing Application & Requirements
License Application Status
Click the link above to check license application status.
In order to qualify as a Kansas resident insurance producer, you must satisfy the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be fingerprinted. See Instructions for requesting criminal background check
- Submit the NAIC Uniform Application for Individual Insurance Producer License Online via Producer Desktop
- Provide a clearance letter if you hold a license from another state and are moving to Kansas. A clearance letter is not required if the applicant's former state of residence participates in the NAIC PDB (PDB Participating State Report).
- Provide evidence of FINRA registration if Variable Contracts authority is required. (Series 6 or 7)
- Pass the appropriate license examination.
When the license has been issued:
- Secure company certification. Appointment is required by each company for which business is transacted.
Each resident producer may renew the license biennially. The biennial due date is the producer's birth date in each odd year for producers born in an odd-numbered year or each even year for producers born in an even-numbered year. For newly licensed producers, such date shall not be earlier than two years from the date of the producer's initial licensure.
Resident producers must submit proof of continuing education by the biennial due date.