- Candidate Handbook - The Candidate Handbook is available online from the Pearson Vue website.
- Content Outline - The examination content outlines are available online from the Pearson Vue website.
- Exam Fees - Major line combination exams will cost $64 and Limited Line/Single exams will cost $57.
- Exam Registration and Scheduling - To register or schedule an examination, candidates should:
- Online Exam Registrations - access the Pearson Vue website 24 hours a day
- Contact Pearson Vue staff - call 888-204-6255
- Exam Administrations - Examinations will be given in the following locations:
- Overland Park, KS
- Wichita, KS
- Topeka, KS
- Hays, KS
Additional locations throughout the country are also available as described on the Pearson Vue website.
Normal Pearson Vue policies and procedures including exam cancellation and rescheduling timelines will apply. Please consult the Pearson Vue website for the official Candidate Handbook and the most up-to-date information of this program implementation.
Examination Study Materials/Schools
The Examination Content Outlines are the basis for the examinations. Not all questions on the examinations will necessarily be covered in the study materials/courses. The content outlines are updated periodically and may not be consistent with outdated information found in the study materials/courses. Where such discrepancies exist, the outlines take precedence.
NOTE: Kansas does not have a pre-licensing education requirement. Neither the Kansas Insurance Department nor Pearson Vue specifically endorses any particular study material or school.
Study materials/courses for Life, Accident and Health, Property and Allied Lines, and Casualty and Allied Lines may be purchased from the following organizations:
- A.D. Banker & Company
7311 W 130th St #160
Overland Park, KS 66213
11161 Overbrook Drive
Leawood, KS 66085
- Kansas Association of Insurance Agents
815 S.W. Topeka Boulevard
Topeka, KS 66612
- Kansas Association of Professional Insurance Agents
216 SW 7th St.
Topeka, KS 66603
- Norris Training Systems
400 N Woodlawn, Suite 111
Wichita, KS 67208
- PreLicense.com (a service of WebCE) - Course for Life, Accident & Health
1212 E Arapaho, Suite 200
Richardson, TX 75081
Study material for Title insurance may be purchased from the following organization:
- Kansas Land Title Association
7321 NW Rochester Rd
Topeka, KS 66617
Possible Reimbursement for Veterans
Qualifying veterans may be eligible for reimbursement of the cost of the exam from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The reimbursement form (VA form 22-0803) and additional information about Licensing and Certification Testing can be found on the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs website. Please list the following facility code on the reimbursement form: 4-6-0014-16. Please follow the instructions on the form on how to file your claim. If you have questions or need assistance with the form, call the VA toll-free at 1-888-442-4551.