Kansas Administrative Regulations
Agency 40.† Insurance Department
Article 5.† Credit Insurance
40-5-110. Same; supervision of credit insurance operations.
(a) Each insurer transacting credit insurance in this state shall be responsible to conduct a reasonable annual review of the procedures of each creditor with respect to credit insurance business to insure compliance with the insurance laws of this state and the regulations promulgated by the commissioner.
(b) The review required in subsection (a) shall include a determination that all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The proper charges are being made by the creditor.
(2) The proper refunds are being made.
(3) All claims are being filed and properly handled.
(4) All amounts of insurance payable on death in excess of the amounts necessary to discharge the indebtedness are properly refunded.
(5) The creditor is promptly and fairly processing complaints concerning credit insurance operations and is maintaining proper procedures for, and records of, the complaints processed.
(c) Each insurer shall provide the results of the annual reviews for inspection during an examination, upon the request of the commissioner or the commissionerís designee.
(Authorized by K.S.A. 40-103 and K.S.A. 2002 Supp. 16a-4-112; implementing K.S.A. 16a-4-103, 16a-4-104, 16a-4-107, 16a-4-108, and K.S.A. 2002 Supp. 16a-4-112; effective Jan. 1, 1974; amended May 1, 1979; amended May 1, 1986; amended Oct. 17, 2003.)