Types of Licenses (Resident)

The Kansas Insurance Department grants the following types of licenses. Choose the examinations that will qualify you for the licenses you desire.

Licenses Requiring an Examination

Licenses Not Requiring an Examination

1 May be taken as individual examinations or in combined examinations of Life, Accident and Health, or Property, Casualty and Allied Lines.

2 Bail bond agents are required to pass the Kansas Laws and Regulations examination only.

3 Variable contracts agents must have FINRA registration and a life agent license, but no separate exam is required.

4 Contact the Kansas Insurance Department for instructions and application forms.