Market Conduct Examinations
The purpose of our market conduct activities is to review how insurance companies and their representatives treat consumers in the marketplace. The market conduct unit examines whether companies are following Kansas insurance laws and regulations in underwriting, policyholder service, claims, marketing and sales, producer licensing, and complaint handling.
The examination focuses on general business patterns or practices of an examinee. While not ignoring specific errors, the market conduct examinations concentrate on an insurer's general practices.
The findings of the examination are reported in a factual unbiased manner, and written in a form that relates directly to statutory and regulatory standards or requirements of Kansas. The commissioner will then decide what action, if any, is appropriate.
All documents are in PDF
format unless otherwise indicated.
- American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company
- Auto Club of Missouri Group, Automobile Club Inter-Insurance Exchange, Auto Club Family Insurance Company
- Auto Club of Missouri Group, Automobile Club Inter-Insurance Exchange, Auto Club Family Insurance Company (2008 Follow-up)
- EquiTrust Life Insurance Company
- Guide One Insurance Group, Guide One America Insurance Company, Guide One Elite Insurance Company, Guide One Mutual Insurance Company, Guide One Specialty Mutual Insurance Company
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company, Liberty Mutual Fire Insurance Company
- Ohio National Life Insurance Company
- Pacific Life Insurance Company
- Progressive Direct Insurance Company, Progressive Northwestern Insurance Company
- RiverSource Life Insurance Company
- Security Benefit Life Insurance Company
- Trustmark Insurance Group, Trustmark Life Insurance Company, Trustmark Insurance Company